Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Pet Sounds and Revolver

After listening to both of these albums in their entirety, I was real blown away by the quality that TIDAL offered. Switching through the different settings really made a difference and it made me feel like I had been robbed of so many different sounds I was missing thought my Apple Music subscription. In regards to the albums themselves, they honestly felt way ahead of their time. The techniques they used in the recording studio mixed with Tidal's quality settings made for a transcending experience into a new dimension of audio that I had not experienced before. My favorite song on Pet Sounds was one I already loved but found even deeper appreciation for after listening through Tidal. "Wouldn't it be Nice" is a lovely anthem with some beautiful vocals from the band. The way the sound traveled across my head in a 360 motion was awesome. In Revolver I can most definitely hear the influence of psychedelic drugs on tracks like "Submarine" and "Eleanor Rigby". They are trippy and fun but really bring you into a whole new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment